See my crafts for sale at my Zibbet store, M Lee Crafts

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quick bread for guests and more!

We were having some last minute guests over the weekend.  I made a roast and wanted to have som nice homemade bread to go with it.

Making a bread with yeast or making bread with my bread machine was just going to take too much time.
I have made Beer bread in the past but couldn't find the recipe so I looked it up on recipes.com and found one here.

The bread does NOT taste like beer and the alcohol is cooked off while baking.  You mix it together and bake in the oven for about an hour and VOILA!  Your guests think you've taken all day to make some homemade bread.
I also didn't weant to go out of the house to have to buy any special ingredients.

Well, this recipe called for two thing I didn't have-
1- Self Rising Flour
2- Brown Sugar
So again, I simply did a search using Swagbucks so I could also redeem points for gift cards.

Here are Subsitute recipes for both.

Self Rising Four
1 Cup of Seft Rising Fours equals:
-1 Cup All Purpose Four
-1 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
-1/2 Teaspoon Salt

Brown Sugar
-1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbs Molassis until desired darkness

Now, back to the beer bread...it came out OK.  The taste was AWESOME but the texture not so much so...they would've been better of I had plopped them on a cookie sheet and made buscuits- THEN they would've been a hit!

Sorry about the lack of pics, I was busy busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment